Saturday, October 30, 2010

enchantment in Wisconsin

I haven't the words to describe the day yet. Quiche told me the pictures will speak for themselves.
so i'll post a few photos of the spot I first heard of while reading Neil's AMERICAN GODS novel.
Tonight, he read aloud from the book, giving us just a slice of that book, and it came alive for me after being in the House on the Rock. I fell into a spell in the Red Room. They left me behind at The Carousel. I couldn't leave. I still can't think straight.
A true site of power.








7 comments:

Marjorie said...

Oh wow.
That last photo is just so amazing and sums up what I imagine HotR to be like.

Glad you are having a magical time.

Dragonsally said...

OMG, it surpasses what I dreamed!

I'm really looking forward to reading and seeing more Cat - enjoy!

spacedlaw said...

Wow. To think I'd thought he'd invented it...
Lorraine promised to take me there one day.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you are inside the book. Make sure you come back out at some point. Or, at least, tell us which chapter you are in, so we can visit.

vampi said...

!!!!!


that's really all my brain will process after your awesome pictures

Kitty Cat said...

truly it's magic here.
There also is no cell service, so i am removed frm the modern world even further--
more photos tonight!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear... it really is real! I never imagined...

Oh thank you thank you so much for sharing!!!